A night in KL

30 June 2009
Hubby and I stopped over for a night in KL before flying back to KK.
Hubby contacted our former colleague back in Gayana, Robin.
It was his off day that day.
We planned to meet up at Bukit Bintang.

We stored our luggage at the airport and took a bus to KL.
We arrived in Bukit Bintang via monorail.
So nice to see Robin again.
Robin was working as a Bartender back in Gayana.
His margarita is the best.

Robin brought us over to Times Square to have our lunch there.
He recommended us all the good food (Thai food).
I took Tom Yam clear soup (yummy!!!).
Sorry I didn't take any pictures.
We were too hungry and busy munching away.

Then, hubby and Robin chat for a bit at Starbucks while I went into Sungei Wang to get something for the kids.
So many people though it was a weekday!
I managed to get toys for the kids.
Couldn't get Sean his Ultraman space ship as it's pricey.
So I bought Transformer Bumble Bee for him instead.

After a bit of a shopping, we went to Robin's working place near Federal Hotel.
The place is called Bangkok Jam.
Robin is in charge of the place.
He recently got promoted.
Good for you Bin!
He still remembers my favourite drink and made one for me.
Hubby settled for a bottle of beer.
Ahhhh...nice...
My margarita & hubby's beer

Posing for the camera

Robin ordered dinner for us at 5.30pm!!
He said he ordered the chef's specialties.
Our first dish came and it's somewhat special.
Comprises of leaves and then its condiments.
You roll the leaf like a cone and put in all the condiments.
Then stuff in your mouth.
A mixture of taste - bitter, sweet, spicy, sour..all in one.

Robin is showing how to fold the leaf.
Then, came the killer dish.
A must try.
Its steamed fish with mint...awesome!!
Kami gasak sampai tinggal tulang.

The must try dish!

Thank you Robin for your great hospitality.

Labels: ,

posted @ 2:55 pm,

1 Comments:

At 10 November 2009 at 18:26, Blogger berry said...

eh.. I went to this place last Sept... the ones in my photo album in FB.. patut la the waiter pun Sabahan... nice place.. friendly environment and the food was SUPERB!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Am on Facebook

Sharon A. Spiji-Tahing

Create your badge

Recent Posts

Archives

Shout To Me

My Daily Routine

Celebrity Bakers

My Inspirations

Websites Worth Visiting