Early Birthday Celebration

Mel is turning 40 soon and I came out with the idea of surprising her with a cake and a gift from our group Poingkaa Running Group (PRG). I created a new whatsapp group and planned with the rest of the gang. Mel suddenly had the urge to do a night run so she picked Tuesday night. I contacted her husband to join us. I asked Tilon (his nickname) about Mel's oven and he said "Doi terlampau tua sudah oven dia tu au miho drawing."

So I hunted for a just nice oven for Mel according to our budget. And this caught my eyes.

The present


The day came (23.02.2016) and managed to bake a cake for Mel and also Brenda (who celebrated her birthday on the 22 Feb). I baked Butter Cake with buttercream on top. 

Buttercream rosettes to compliment the cake

We meet up at our usual place and started our run (walk rather). 

Waiting for the rest of the gang to arrive 

Before we hit the road

Brenda and Jojoy booked our seats and ordered food  in the meantime at Mido.

We finished our run/walk an hour and the half and made our way to Mido. I brought the cake and brought it to the table. Mel said "Is it the cake for Brenda?" 
I nodded yes.
Everyone just biting their tongues.
So we ordered food and drinks (100 plus to re ernergize kunu).
We made ourselves busy by taking selfies. 


We waited for 🐻 to come and we will reveal the cake and gift for Mel. 
Everyone was excited while waiting. 

So when he finally arrived, I took out the gift from my car. 

We surprised Mel by bringing the cake to her as well as her gift. 
Her jaw dropped when she saw her name on the cake.

The expression on her face - priceless!

Both making respective wishes before blowing the candles

A must take wefie of us

Happy Birthday Mildred Desiree Phillip Sikayun! May God bless you abundantly. Love you sista! Have a great 40th birthday!

Thanks to Terence for playing along.
Thanks all PRG members for your contributions and attendance. Those who were unable to join, we believe you were there in spirit.

Labels: ,

posted @ 2:02 pm,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Am on Facebook

Sharon A. Spiji-Tahing

Create your badge

Recent Posts

Archives

Shout To Me

My Daily Routine

Celebrity Bakers

My Inspirations

Websites Worth Visiting