Mission Accomplished!

I accomplished my main goal for 2009 - losing weight!

I have been overweight since I was in high school. I tried all sorts of diet and one thing I never disagree on is the power of exercising. I was an athlete back in school days. I was a short distance runner. I took part in 100m, 200m, 400m, 4x100m, 4x400m. My favourite would be the relay race. I was active back then.

Then, when I was 15 years old, I started to gain weight since I slowed down in sports. I turned to food for comfort. My parents enrolled me to one of the residential schools here in Kota Kinabalu. I was really overweight but I didn't bother to look after my own appearance. So, one day, when we were at the Physics lab, each student was to be weighed. I was nervous as boys in our class were wicked (hehehe). When it was my turn to go on the scale, all the boys (well we had like 23 students in our class) rushed to see the scale. I still remember one of the boys said,"Adada Sharon 72kg!! Punya berat ko!!". I feel humiliated.

So I told myself, I need to lose weight. I cut off my meat intake. I only take fish and chicken. I started to jog. First time it was not easy. No energy, feeling lethargic, tired. But I was determine to reach my goal. I then found a buddy of mine who is also a good friend to accompany me in my daily run. We ran non-stop from our school to the nearby Park and then back. I could remember my T-shirt was drenched in sweat. I feel satisfied.

I did the jog for a year and I managed to shed some weight off my scale. I was 10 kg lighter. I could even wore my mum's blouse. It felt great to lose all the weights. Of course hard work pays off. But my diet was wrong. I was starving myself.

Then after form five, I didn't do any workout. The only thing I did during the "waiting for SPM result" was eating. I think I piled up the weight I have busted my ass to shed.

My weight has its ups and downs. Mostly ups by the way. I tried taking one meal a day. I did lose some weight but it crept back on when I was tired constraining myself not to eat. I didn't fancy exercise at that point as I was busy with work.

When I got married, I let myself go. Eating was a new hobby. I love to shop for t-shirts and baggy pants to hide my flabs. After 3 kids, I hated the way I looked. I envied those who could don beautiful dresses. I was 84kg in February - chubby, flabs everywhere and to sum it up I was fat. I was worried..dead worried about my health state. I have 3 very active young children and I have to keep up with their stamina. Furthermore, I can't fit into my favourite jeans. I shared my affliction with BFF, Val. She said "Let's sign up for gym". And yes I did (Val didn't sign up - yet. I guess it's easier for her to maintain her slim figure) . The few days were the hardest. I was so tired. But after 3 days of working out, I was full of energy. I woke up 5am every morning and feeling refreshed. Then people started to notice. That's my real motivation.


March 2009 December 2009

To date, I weigh 66kg.
I have another kilo to kill.
It feels great to receive nothing but praises.
I have not been working out for 3 months now.
I just focus on what I eat.
Watching Biggest Loser is part of the motivation as well.
The best part about losing weight is that I could shop for clothes!
For those who wants to lose weight, IF I CAN DO IT, SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!

Labels: ,

posted @ 11:00 pm,

19 Comments:

At 2 January 2010 at 12:22, Blogger Unknown said...

Woman!!!
WAhh......Kurus!!!! hehehe..
CONGRATS!!!
i guess its my turn oso......
lose weight!!!

 
At 2 January 2010 at 12:38, Blogger carolchs said...

Congratulations Sharon!!!
It takes real discipline to get rid of those kilos.
You did it!
Memang ko pigi gym saja kah work out?

 
At 2 January 2010 at 22:00, Blogger Linachu said...

Wow...you're looking great dear! Sia kena mengambil iktibar dari kau ni... i lost weight in 2008 but gained it back in 2009 :( need to do something bout it this year!

 
At 3 January 2010 at 08:27, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

alus: you did it once, you can do it again...this time maintain the weight you have achieved. you can do it!!

 
At 3 January 2010 at 08:29, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

chegu carol: yes gym-ming is the best. ada juga sia pigi jogging during the weekends. but like you said it takes real discipline. kalau M. A. L. A. S. sudah datang....haiyaaa....

 
At 3 January 2010 at 08:30, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

linut: go for it!!

 
At 4 January 2010 at 21:51, Blogger . said...

Sharon, congrats!

 
At 4 January 2010 at 22:22, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

thanks zora!

 
At 5 January 2010 at 10:37, Blogger Val Aziz said...

Bah lets sign up for gym! eehehehhe ko mimang boleh bah Shar. Envy ur determination.

 
At 5 January 2010 at 19:53, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

bah...this month ndak dapat. teda peruntukkan. Feb - CNY...March lah. Hehhehehhe...

 
At 7 January 2010 at 11:57, Blogger dipping toes, testing waters said...

wonderful to read. so proud of you sharon! keep it up :D.

 
At 7 January 2010 at 21:35, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

dipping toes, testing waters...thanks so much. sepa ni ah?

 
At 19 January 2010 at 14:18, Blogger dipping toes, testing waters said...

lerss... i didnt even remember i had this "dipping toes, testing waters" blog which i started to help a friend. shareen sikayun hiu bah ni (full name lagi tu... in case kau tidak ingat!)

 
At 19 January 2010 at 21:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo!!! Only those with courage and discipline could do what you did! Bravo again!

 
At 20 January 2010 at 17:56, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

Hi Shareen!!! Sorry..didnt know ur pseudonym bah. Thanks for your comment!
Hi Hamid! Hopefully I could find time to go to gym again. Miss my workout.

 
At 20 January 2010 at 22:32, Blogger CJane said...

WAHHHH Congratulations!!

You look really pretty in Shayna's birthday photo. If you can do it, I can too! (but I have to start eating less meat lah this. lol)

Congratulations once again, Sharon. You look beautiful!

(Happy lah si Boyd tu. *ahem*)

 
At 28 January 2010 at 05:00, Blogger Lizeewong said...

Hello...Came across your blog via chegu carol's. Am trying to lose weight too and this post is just perfect to give me the extra motivation!

Cheers!

 
At 29 January 2010 at 07:41, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

cin, thanks for the compliment. Yes you can do it girl!!! Tell your Bunny jan masak sedap2..hehehehhe...Never too late to start...and January its a great month to start with. Wish you all the best! Update me!

 
At 29 January 2010 at 07:44, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

Hi Lizee, welcome to my humble blog. Thank you for dropping by. Yes it feels great to lose weight especially when I could fit into L size already! No more XXL or XL..Now, I just want to maintain my weight now. The first step is always the hardest. Take one step at a time ya. Good luck. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Am on Facebook

Sharon A. Spiji-Tahing

Create your badge

Recent Posts

Archives

Shout To Me

My Daily Routine

Celebrity Bakers

My Inspirations

Websites Worth Visiting