HFMD

This morning, I got a call from Sean's playschool.
  • Sister: Mummy Sean kah ni?
  • Me: Yes, ada apa Sister?
  • Sister: Si Sean dari pagi tidak aktif. Bila kami check ada rashes di kaki dia, mulut dia ada blister and then dia feverish skit. Kami suspect maybe dia ada itu HFMD kalau ikut symptom yang dia ada. Better bawa dia pigi jumpa doktor.
  • Me: Okay, I'm on my way.
Hubby and I brought Sean to see Dr. Liaw (his paed). As much as I want to contradict what doctor told me, I have to give in. My son is infected with HFMD. Doctor said it is very common for kids taken care at daycare centre. Doctor advised us to isolate Sean from his sisters and he has to stay out of school. Poor Sean! If you see these symptoms, please consult with doctor right away.


  • Mouth ulcers
  • Feverish
  • Not active
  • Rashes found on knees, on the feet and hand palms.

Doctor only gave biotene mouthwash for his ulcers. He said the infection will go away in 3 - 5 days. Sean has to take a lot of fluid to ease the ulcers.

Labels:

posted @ 4:46 pm,

14 Comments:

At 22 July 2008 at 19:39, Blogger Unknown said...

Hope Sean ok..
get well soon!!!

 
At 22 July 2008 at 22:00, Blogger Dora A-Erb said...

Doi gia ... hope he gets better soon and be his active self again...

 
At 23 July 2008 at 08:48, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

a.l.u.s: Sean is ok. Just feel pain in the mouth because of the ulcers.

dora: ya bah. if any of my kids sakit, I dun feel at ease.

 
At 23 July 2008 at 09:48, Blogger Joan D'Arcy said...

Ouch.. kesian sean.. I had experience taking care of two boys at one time kena HFMD last year... They didnt want to eat, so I made ribena ice cubes and that's all they took for the whole week... I hope sean gets well fast..

 
At 23 July 2008 at 10:06, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

joan: oh dear ur boys pun kena?! Ribena ice cubes? That gives me an idea. Thanks for sharing joan. :)

 
At 24 July 2008 at 01:34, Blogger Mimzzzy said...

eh... dulu my niece pun ada nie. Mmg lemah tidak bermaya jaks dia..in 1 week lah dia baru ok.

get well soon Sean.

 
At 24 July 2008 at 16:34, Blogger Aunty J said...

aduiiii..poor lil Sean..hope he gets well soon...ciannn...

 
At 25 July 2008 at 18:32, Blogger KaDusMama said...

OMG!!! I hope sean will get well soon..

 
At 26 July 2008 at 19:20, Blogger Kim κΉ€ said...

Ok sudah si sean kah?? Drg zizi di skul pun dr. datang chk budak2..i think mmg musim skrg ni??

 
At 27 July 2008 at 00:23, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

thanks mimzzy, auntyJ, kadusmama for your comments.

Kim: sean is doing ok. Memang musim dia kali. And then pandai berjangkit. Now selina and Shayna pun kena sudah but not as bad as Sean lah.

 
At 29 July 2008 at 13:35, Blogger Jessica said...

Sharon..I hope sean get well soon. His ok already kah? doi gia, so kesian. I knw how it feels coz leah also kena 2 kali already...

 
At 29 July 2008 at 15:32, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

jess...ya si sean ok ody. teda sudah ulcer di mulut dia. apa lagi teriak2 si kawan now. Hehheheh...wahh kasian si leah...kena twice last year....kin takut juga kan ni penyakit ni. mana dapat tidur malam kalau tu anak fever.

 
At 29 July 2008 at 23:50, Blogger Self-Proclaimed Yummy Mummy said...

omg...babies buli kana jg ka tu???im so scared 4 muneez...chicken pox aritu pun freaked me out!!!!

 
At 8 August 2008 at 08:42, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

hi chris! muneez buli kena juga tu. just be aware of her fever and all. kalau daycare memang common case tu.

sean recovered after 5 days. no medicines for HFMD. need to take care of the fever and also ulcer in the mouth. the rash is not itchy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Am on Facebook

Sharon A. Spiji-Tahing

Create your badge

Recent Posts

Archives

Shout To Me

My Daily Routine

Celebrity Bakers

My Inspirations

Websites Worth Visiting