Tuhau



Tuhau is one of the traditional dishes by Kadazan Dusun. At first, I didn't like it because of the pungent smell. But once you taste it, mammamia! "Sangat shedaplah (P. Ramlee would say)". And to honour the request by Shabbymom, here are the pictures of tuhau. Enjoy shabbymom! Got the pictures from google. I am sure the next thing you would like to know is how to make these tuhau. Voila! The recipe.

Ingredients:

1 kati tuhau

½ cup lime-juice

2-4 red onions – sliced

2-3 red chilies – sliced salt

Method:

  1. Prepare the ‘tuhau’ by taking off the hard skin. Use only the soft flesh inside. Wash and cutinto ½ inch long. Put in a mortar and pound finely

  2. In a bowl, add to the pounded ‘tuhau’, the lime-juice, the red chilies, the red onions and salt, and mix well,

  3. Serve with other dishes

Note: vinegar can be used instead of lime juice.




Labels: ,

posted @ 11:13 am,

7 Comments:

At 21 July 2008 at 12:05, Blogger Linachu said...

Last time my mom even packed me a small bottle to bring to UK! Yep, my housemates said it smelt 'different' tapi they were game to try it.

 
At 21 July 2008 at 12:41, Blogger Shabbymom said...

wow...itu rupanya tuhau.....thanks sharon for tunjuk ajar!!!!!!

 
At 21 July 2008 at 13:17, Blogger Dora A-Erb said...

I don't know Sharon... I couldn't stand the smell of tuhau... no offence kio... macam it smells like "posisang" bah... but I'm sure it tastes "shodap"... give me a chance, I might like in when I get used to the smell... I want to like it bah cos I've heard of how "sedap" it is...

 
At 21 July 2008 at 14:27, Blogger whimsical said...

its an acquired taste kan sharon, but once sudah ter acquired, u r hooked!my mom selalu cook with basung and asam jawa, yg kasi slow cook.so yummy eaten with sambal belacan (u.lee fav sambal belacan) wakakakak!

 
At 21 July 2008 at 20:16, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

linachu: wah, berani drg taste ah. What did they say about the taste?

shabbymom: haha...no problem. maciam cikgu bilang, kalau selalu malu bertanya sesat jalan kan. Hehheheh aiii betul kaitu?

dora: memamg maciam posisang! but once you get to taste it. Nyum!

whimsical: lapar sia terus ko describe your version of tuhau. ahaks...

 
At 22 July 2008 at 16:06, Blogger Val Aziz said...

ui sedap ni makan dgn nasi panas!

 
At 22 July 2008 at 16:13, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

and of course with your hands. nyum! eiii lapar lah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Am on Facebook

Sharon A. Spiji-Tahing

Create your badge

Recent Posts

Archives

Shout To Me

My Daily Routine

Celebrity Bakers

My Inspirations

Websites Worth Visiting