Standard answers

Hesitant Blogger and I were at Parkson yesterday when we saw a picture frame with 5 inserts. HB told me its perfect for us who both have 3 kids. ie. The hubby's pic, the wife's pic and the three children's pictures. So, we went over to the counter to ask whether they have another one (probably in their store). The conversation goes like this:

  • HB: Ada lagi kah ini maciam punya frame?
  • Staff: Oh, apa yang kena display itu ja yang ada tu. (standard answer)
  • HB: Betul teda lagi? (just trying her luck)
  • Staff: Itu ja tu miss. (never budge from his seat)
  • HB: Bah sia mau bayar.
  • Staff: Sorry kami belum lagi diwartakan sebagai cashier. Cashier pigi makan.
I cannot hold my patience any longer.

  • ME: Next time, letak satu signage saying "Please go to the next counter".
The staff just gave us a cynical smile. (kin panas!)

This is not the first time. I mean most shop assistants always give you the standard answer which mean honestly there's no stock or they just plain lazy to look for it. I can understand if that particular staff knows his product well. But there are thousands of items in that store and he knows that that particular photo frame has no stock? Miracle isn't it. And what on earth happened to the services by these people? Can they be more helpful? Besides, IT is in their job title, Shop Assistant. I think they rather stand or sit at the station and do nothing. Ting! Punch out and off they go. So gaji buta!

Labels:

posted @ 2:41 pm,

8 Comments:

At 10 July 2008 at 21:39, Blogger  Lee said...

Hi, I guess there are these kinds of sales people...
I would have just walked out.
Reminds me of that movie, "Pretty woman"...when the haughty staff looked down on her, ha ha.

Here, one matured fellow dressed in sandals as hot day went to look at a Mercedes showroom...none of the staff got up to see him as he was dressed in clothes that looked liked he slept in them.

He approached the manager and bought a Mercedes S600! On the spot, cash! The sales people mouths couldn't close! Imagine the commission? Ha ha.
You have a nice day, Lee.

 
At 11 July 2008 at 09:34, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

u.lee: I hate people judge other people by how they look. I like your story on the mercedes.

You have a nice day too u.lee!

 
At 11 July 2008 at 09:42, Blogger Val Aziz said...

Padan muka the sale people! Nuf said.

 
At 11 July 2008 at 20:42, Blogger Carolyn Chong Norsäter said...

kin panas oo kan..tu la pepatah bilang ' dont judge a book by the cover' kavagu...gitu kaitu..

 
At 12 July 2008 at 11:49, Blogger queen quirin said...

I always have problem with sales assistant like that until my friend said to me "jangan marah dairang, derang teda sekolah tu." In a sacarstic way..

They are just too lazy sharon

 
At 12 July 2008 at 11:49, Blogger queen quirin said...

I always have problem with sales assistant like that until my friend said to me "jangan marah dairang, derang teda sekolah tu." In a sacarstic way..

They are just too lazy sharon

 
At 12 July 2008 at 22:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wud just walk out in such situation. Couldn't be bothered.

U.Lee, am loving the story about the man & it's merc.. in kadazan we say 'kotoh'!! :) Thanks for sharing.

 
At 12 July 2008 at 23:57, Blogger Just plain Sharon said...

carol: in sweden teda karenah maciam duranag kah?

queen quirin: ya betulllll, L. A. Z. Y...plain lazy!

Gail: hahhahah...well u know...val and I will never them get away that easy. We work in the same building. Next time gadget!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me

Am on Facebook

Sharon A. Spiji-Tahing

Create your badge

Recent Posts

Archives

Shout To Me

My Daily Routine

Celebrity Bakers

My Inspirations

Websites Worth Visiting